The Import/Export module provides the tools to transfer information into and out of select tables within the Rapid Response Manufacturing ProfitKey ERP database and interface to a wide variety of other tools, programs, and systems.
- The Import function provides a means to update or replace data already in your ERP database or add data that originated elsewhere. The Export function provides a means of copying data from your ERP database to an Output file that can then
be used to update, replace, or add data to another database.
- During the initial implementation of your ERP system, Import/Export can be used to transfer your existing manufacturing and financial data to the ERP database, without having to re enter the information. This can save you a considerable
amount of time and can significantly reduce many common data entry errors.
- Import/Export provides the following:
- Minimizes re keying of data during implementation, when converting to the ERP
system (for example, item masters, bills of material, routing, etc.).
- Eliminates the need for duplicate data entry when multiple ERP databases that contain some common data are maintained
- Allows thirdparty software products to be used in conjunction with Rapid Response Manufacturing, by passing applicable data back and forth
- Provides an audit/output file indicating data that was successfully or unsuccessfully transferred, as well as error messages where applicable
- Allows for ongoing interfacing between implemented inhouse systems and Rapid
- Provides input and output files in standard ASCII format
- Contains APIs (Application Program Interfaces) allowing the population of interface tables with third party data, for import into the ProfitKey database either manually or by a scheduled daemon.